Thursday, December 13, 2012

Scott news

Just a short note to let folks know that Scott is !!**home**!!  His gall bladder surgery went well today, despite his surgeons original misgivings about the scar tissue build up that he has from his previous two surgeries.  He was able to go in a different "route" - just a few inches east of his 18 inch long scar - and still remove it laproscopically, and then as a bonus, also cut two lesions from his scar tissue that had attached to his intestines, possibly causing some problems as well.

It was all good.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have him home tonight and how blessed I feel.  Scott, not so much right now, but maybe by the weekend he will be feeling better.

And, I know a lot of you were concerned about me possibly driving today, and I feel doubly blessed to say our good friend, and house pastor, Jim, drove us.  It was a pleasure to have him there today to just sit with - someone else who loves Scott as well.  We left pretty early this morning - he was here just after 5am - and said he didn't mind at all.  (And the only thanks he got was that I bought him a long awaited coffee....)  

Blessed art thou, Lord God our King, who breathes life into the sick.

1 comment: