Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Something's comin', Don't know what it is.........

I sometimes get stuck on one "music" and sometimes get stuck there for quite a while.  Years ago I was "stuck" on the West Side Story soundtrack.  Had them all memorized.  And after a sequence of events this afternoon, this song keeps playing in my head: 


I got a little frantic phone call about an hour ago saying "you need to be here tomorrow morning at 7:30 for an ultrasound".   "Please". 

I was a little groggy and told her I already had two appointments lined up and then my chemo treatment tomorrow also, and she said "I know, I know, but we have to do this and do this first". 

hmmmm......... 

Then I open up some emails, and as I am reading this one, I *just smiled*.  I didn't read it like it was anything more than the very words meant for me right now.  *smile*, warm sunshine, *smile*.

Something's comin', something good.   ...The air is humming, who knows? 

I don't know what's up, but I am calm, and open to anything happening at all tomorrow.   (Which incidentally is the polar opposite of my mindset yesterday, so prayers do remove darkness and bring hope and calm and strength) 

If verse 11 happens to be part of all this tomorrow, I will let you know asap.  Or as soon as we can plug in the sweet little laptop and get online.... ("heart" Bill). 

*********

Hi Karen, 
Praying for you today! 

Read this a couple nights ago with the kids and it seemed relevant to you right now, I will be praying this for you:
Ps. 30:1A psalm. A song for the dedication of the house. By David: I will exalt you, ADONAI, because you drew me up; you didn't let my enemies rejoice over me.2ADONAI my God, I cried out to you, and you provided healing for me.3ADONAI, you lifted me up from Sh'ol; you kept me alive when I was sinking into a pit.4Sing praise to ADONAI, you faithful of his; and give thanks on recalling his holiness.5For his anger is momentary, but his favor lasts a lifetime. Tears may linger for the night, but with dawn come cries of joy.6Once I was prosperous and used to say, that nothing could ever shake me7when you showed me favor, ADONAI, I was firm as a mighty mountain. But when you hid your face, I was struck with terror.8I called to you, ADONAI; to ADONAI I pleaded for mercy:9"What advantage is there in my death, in my going down to the pit? Can the dust praise you? Can it proclaim your truth?10Hear me, ADONAI, and show me your favor! ADONAI, be my helper!"11You turned my mourning into dancing! You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,12so that my well-being can praise you and not be silent; ADONAI my God, I will thank you forever!

1 comment:

  1. woah! uhm, didn't see this until now but ... i am calling you very soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete