Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Today, the Lord make His face to shine on you

I am in from my short walk, and it was glorious.  The past two weeks seem to have been a continual step down each day into a dungeon of fatigue, and yesterday I woke up barely able to raise my arms without a lot of effort.

Today, I am out and walking at 7am - and only then because we don't have street lights and I had to wait for a bit of daylight.

Today, I get my port put in, then tomorrow is another start to another chemo three-day rodeo -- but today is glorious.  Ohio has beautiful weather at times.  But more so, God's countenance is shining on me. 

Today, I was counting my blessings while walking, and the birds and the sky and the gravel under my feet - all of it is good.

My yard and garden is beckoning to me, but I just wave at it.  To have this beautiful weather and not be able to do my yard work is difficult, but everything is coming up green and the birds were pointing it all out to me - each leaf on each flower - each branch on each tree. 

And our ducks are back. 

To paraphrase my daughter:  she keeps telling me that the weather is going to be my barometer for my treatment and my recovery.  And today I believe her.

I really have so much to be thankful for, and forgive me for being still a little too bit tired to enumerate it all.  But I have been so blessed by so many these past few months.   

And as the sun was coming up, the light reminded me of this blessing:  

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you,
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace.


And I don't know who these folks are, but have always loved this rendering of the blessing / benediction:


1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful day the Lord gave you

    ReplyDelete