Monday, April 2, 2012

And then an outside visit.......

The foibles of this housebound-forever, three month old "germ-a-phobe" continue.  Heidi brought her two daughters, Addy and Millie up to our son's house for a play-date with the twins. 

I had a talk with my white blood cells and told them it was time to get back to the living of some life and then shamelessly invited myself to the party. 

That was not part of the plan, but there were no coughs nor temperatures about any of them - and that only happens like three times in a lifetime - so off I went.  I am low on the energy end of things, so it was just pretty awesome to watch them play.  And to interact with them a little. 

It was music in my soul.  An infusion of happiness in my soul.  I think I even caught some of their energy. 

Millie came out with each doll in the house and showed me her "expertise" in baby care - she is actually pretty fastidious about it and watches anyone who offers to hold her babies with a wary eye, making sure they "do it right".  She is not bossy about it, but instructive.  She could teach baby-care for new mothers.  As I was feeding one of the dolls and she was feeding one, she looked at me and said "we are good mommies"......

It's been a long time since I have received a seal of approval like that. 

Chloe put on her extra pretty dress and wanted to sing us all "a new song that has not ever been heard before" and then she cried because she could not remember the words. 

Addy and Zoe dutifully applied hand sanitizer then gave me lots of big hugs and kisses.  Addy and Millie showed their cousins the song "Pete the Cat Loves His White Shoes".... and it was awesome to see them all dancing in the living room singing along with Pete the Cat and "stepping" into various things discoloring his shoes.  And then they all said "but did Pete the Cat cry when his shoes turned red?  Goodness no!  He went down the street singing 'I love my red shoes'"....

I cannot paint a more beautiful picture. And like Pete, I'm stepping into a lot of things I am unfamiliar with that discolor my life, and I am just praying that I can hold my hand up and say "but did that crush her? Goodness no!"  It's a heart-picture I will carry with me a long time - all those girls teaching me the correct behavior to life's mini-crisis. 

The book says "the moral to Pete's story is that no matter what you step in, keep walking along and singing your song because it's all good."

It was loud and sometimes naughty and mostly nice and you could actually feel the atoms revolving around their bodies producing energy and impelling imagination. 

I could not ask for more. 



1 comment:

  1. So glad for your excellent visit and the wonderful time you had with them! A true blessing indeed!

    <><

    ReplyDelete