Friday, April 13, 2012

funnies

I have an odd sense of humor.  Some days my little room at the cancer treatment center is the one with laughter coming out of it.  Some days, just a little bit, but still laughter.

My inner being loves laughter as much as it loves brutal honesty.

This is a little collection of mine of funny things that have been going on as of late.  Well, at least things that are postable.....

*********

During my "visit out" with the grandkids, some of them were put into "time out" - which in that household means sitting on the steps.  I went down and sat beside of poor Chloe who was crying her mournful eyes out, trying to plead a case that no judge in this nation would consider overturning, and so I sat beside her a bit, holding her hand and talking softly.

Then Addy and Millie came down and started to "sooth-chatter", bending over her and cheerfully, softly talking, trying to help her feel better.  Addy said "hey - I can tell you my new verse!"  She was a little proud of herself having memorized a verse at church that week, and she proceeded to say it:

"Jesus said 'I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.'  John 10:14"

Chloe listening, moaned and then said mournfully "why did Jesus say that?!!"  I tried not to act too startled, and I said "well........ He considers all of us to be His sheep because He is a good shepherd" -- the words were no sooner out of my mouth than she hit her fist on her knee and said "NO! NO! NO!"  Then she blurted out "I WANT TO BE A COW!!"

 ********

While my grocery list is limited the last couple of months, sometimes Scott's is even more limited.  His goes something like this:

Nathan's hot dogs
white bread (we argue over this one a lot..I sometimes watch Dr. Oz dang it.)
Bush's baked beans, all flavors
Jar of peanuts
Frozen pizza(s)
Bacon

Since his trips to the Cleveland Clinic a couple of years ago, we have been more than concerned about him eating a good diet. I have begged, pleaded and bribed him to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits - like I did over 3 months ago - and he declines everytime.

He was all over the reported study that came out last week about beans being the newest "anti-cancer" food. He loves them.

I will reluctantly give him that one.  

He brings home the bags of groceries and as he unloads them, I tell him earnestly "Scott you cannot eat those processed and high fat foods - they will give you cancer"..... Then I look at him sideways and we laugh like hyenas.

*******

I still have two towels hanging on my shower hooks.  One is for "body" - one is for "hair"...... I still use them both.......

********

We appear to have two squirrels that regularly visit our back yard bird feeders with no tails...... Just throwing that one out there as we do seem to be the house of the missing body parts....


No comments:

Post a Comment