Monday, January 9, 2012

Responses.....

My second confession of the week is that I am a techie-moron.  I thought you should be able to comment on 'friends' comments - but find I cannot, so I want to just say thank you all - and believe me your love and prayers are felt and I cannot say properly what that means.  God has been very real to us and we feel Him touching us in the midst of this storm - and that touch usually comes from *others* (community again).

We have some wonderful friends who are rallying around us and keep us laughing, keep us focused on the fight ahead and keep us under His wings.  More than anything I want Malachi 4:2 - "the son of righteousness will rise with healing in his wings".  Our kids have been awesome.  Kristi and Cal have crafted a "nest" for me in their extra room to crash in between treatments.  My workplace has been good to me. 

The two men that prayed over me last night took away my pain - this skeptic cannot explain it nor do I try to......I have walked into this knowing that #1 I do not want this; #2 I do not want to blame God; and #3 nor do I want to whine and say "why me" when I know the Bible well enough to know that God loved some people a lot who suffered some pretty horrible things.  I don't want it, but am running to Him with it and hiding in His robe.  Plus, He has given me a husband who is Jesus to me here on earth. 

4 comments:

  1. Karen, I am sooo glad you started a blog. I have learned so much from you in the past and grown through your writings. You have a gift of insight and a way to express it with words. I am praying for you daily/hourly - you are in my heart and I am trusting Him to continue to carry you through this journey and heal you. I know He is definitely using you. Remember I am here to help you in any way that I can. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, sweetie. I think you write more wonderfully than most people I know, and I look forward to hearing your heart thoughts. How courageous of you to post them for all the world to see. You are loved, prayed for over and over, and your friends are here, to do anything you need us to do. Anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you started a blog. I want to keep up, but hate to bother you guys all the time. You are so strong. Our prayers will keep coming. Love You Sorry it keeps coming up Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen You are on a few prayer list here, Mom& Dads church, Sandy Lindbergh and her sons church,I Pray that you will be healed real soon, so glad you have a loving family, and friends, stay strong, god bless you.

    ReplyDelete