Tuesday, February 28, 2012

music for my soul



I listened a lot to some early era Christian rock during the 80s, and so many of those songs play in my head now. 

Today, I simply stopped, stood up and worshiped when I heard this song again.   I liked it a lot way back then even when I did not lean any-wheres near this sound, and today it is exactly where I am at. Although I am not quite the mountain climber they talk about, and I am not "shouting", it touches me somewhere deeply because as I am listening to the Scriptures online I am so reminded of all those that have gone before me and if it is Exodus or Samuel or Hebrews or John - they all have this common theme - it's one story, and the Messiah is more than we ever thought or imagined Him to be. 

He stands over me and covers me when this song plays today. 

These are the "snatches" that jump out at me.

 "I'm weakened by the raging war, standing when I don't feel like standing anymore for the things I believe...."

..."surrounded by the lives of those who stood when hope seemed at an end, darkness all around and still I see".....



...."No matter how the days may go, He said the war would never slow....

...so lift your eyes and gaze on Him..... let your spirit sore where eagles fly...

....spread your wings and catch the wind.....

... the mountains moving in the night, don't stand a chance to drag you down"

And I'm only learning the "secrets of those that stared at death and conquered sin".... the big words here being "they overcame". 



1 comment:

  1. ha! i remember this song, also. it kinda makes me feel like i'm 8 years old again, *smile*

    ReplyDelete