Friday, February 3, 2012

My home for the last month


This is Greg, one of the guys that meets me with a big smile every morning and most times says "hey girl" and walks my "bracelet" with all my hospital info on it anyone can ever need to know about me with one little bar code..... but he walks it over to me while I am waiting, and sometimes he even puts a little *bling* on it for me. Then he says "your name Karen?" and laughs.





This is the sign that mocks me every time I walk into the Trial Phase One Lounge -- FREE COFFEE........



I'm not sure there are any other *oven-warmed-blankets* in the building....




Coach and I usually take the stairs (less germs)


I'm guessing Homer Simpson and I might both glow green when leaving....


These are the doors between the rest of the hospital and the trial lab rats that we are pretty sure are going to do me in even if I do survive the chemo....they have almost 'caught' me a few times....


Beyond these doors leave all vestiges of normalcy behind thee...



My anchor, my strength, my hope and help in times of need. My Jesus here on earth....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, the sign about PUTTING THE LID DOWN WHEN YOU FLUSH, can I have one for you-know-who's bathroom??!!!!!!!! Just doesn't get it, just doesn't...
    Love your hat-very becoming!

    ReplyDelete